a floating window that maximised
Jeff Abrahamson
2018-09-30 13:55:06 UTC
I maximised a non-resizable floating window.  When I unmaximised it, it
duly unmaximises but stays the same size.  That is, I can move it with
the keyboard, but can't move or resize it with the mouse, since the
original window is sadly non-resizable and non-moveable.

I tried mod-shift-space, which works but only in the sense that it tiles
or untiles it: it stays the size of my screen.  Right-click grabbing the
edge of the window doesn't cause a response.  Keyboard resize doesn't do
anything I can see.

I tried quitting the program, but on restart, something remembers the size.

(1) Is this an application bug that I should report?

(2) Anyone see a way around this, i.e., how to resize a floating window
that is not normally resizeable?

Thanks.

Context for the curious:  this is an import dialog that painfully guides
me through a bunch of steps.  It's in gnucash 2.6, which is current in
my distro but not for the gnucash developers, so assuredly not worth
reporting it as a bug until I compile and test on the new stable
gnucash.  But maybe there's a work-around to change the size of a window
that doesn't think it should be resized.
--
Jeff Abrahamson
+33 6 24 40 01 57

http://p27.eu/jeff/
http://transport-nantes.com/
Jeff Abrahamson
2018-09-30 14:50:19 UTC
Hmm, by chance I found a tiny range of pixels where right-click would
work.  That solves the problem, but, boy, that was a hidden bit of
interface...

Jeff Abrahamson

http://transport-nantes.com/
Orestis Flo