i3-nagbar error
Rod Person
2018-02-28 21:28:32 UTC
nagbar will not run on my system. I ran it from the command line to see
an error and I get this:

i3-nagbar: Could not get atom _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE

For some reason I want to say this is because I have and nvidia card
and not using xrandr, but I can seem to find where I got this idea.

If I remote into the machine from a windows machine with Xming running
i3-nagbar works just as I'd expect, which also leads me to the nvidia
conclusion.
--
Rod

http://www.rodperson.com

I'll tell you what's at the bottom of it, if you can convince
the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man,
he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody
to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

-Lyndon B Johnson
Ingo Bürk

-Lyndon B Johnson
Rod Person
2018-03-01 21:19:06 UTC
This is a FreeBSD machine so no xtrace. I can give ltrace(library) or
strace(system) or even truss but not sure which is similar to xtrace, if
either is.

On Wed, 28 Feb 2018 22:33:25 +0100
Post by Ingo Bürk
Failing to intern atoms shouldn't have to do with the graphics card.
Please open an issue for this on Github, ideally with a log of
running i3-nagbar under xtrace (the binary is called x11trace on some
systems). Thanks!
⁣Sent from TypeApp ​

-Lyndon B Johnson
Michael Stapelberg
2018-03-02 07:25:42 UTC
xtrace should work on FreeBSD just fine. Try compiling from source:
https://xtrace.alioth.debian.org/
Post by Rod Person
[...]
Best regards,
Michael