Layout help
"Paulo Matos" (Redacted sender "paulo" for DMARC)
2017-04-19 12:15:23 UTC
Hi all,

How can I go from having 3 vertical panes to moving the middle pane
under the right pane? i.e. moving from ||| to |= ?

If I select the middle pane and do Win+Shift+Down, it essentially moves
the middle pane under all others and this is not what I want.

Is there a good way to explain pane layouts in ascii? It seems that the
above (||| and |=) is quite rudimentary and hopefully helps pass the
message but for a next time I would prefer to send something that's clearer.

Kind regards,
Paulo Matos
Thomas Nieto
2017-04-19 12:21:50 UTC
you can put focus on the middle pane, pass it in `split v` mode,
focus the right pane and moves it to the left.

/*
* Nieto Thomas
* Back-End Developer
*
* thms.no[at]gmail.com
* +33 (0) 6 06 69 76 21
*/
Paulo Matos
Donald Allen
2017-04-19 12:45:49 UTC
Post by Thomas Nieto
you can put focus on the middle pane, pass it in `split v` mode,
focus the right pane and moves it to the left.
Yes. But perhaps more in line with the way the problem was originally
stated: give the focus to right pane, set it to vertical split mode, move
the focus back to the middle and move the middle right.
Post by Thomas Nieto
/*
* Nieto Thomas
* Back-End Developer
*
* thms.no[at]gmail.com
* +33 (0) 6 06 69 76 21
*/
Paulo Matos
Gmail
2017-04-19 12:47:41 UTC
Yes of course. Much better this way!

*--*
*Nieto Thomas*
* Freelance B**ack-End Dev**eloper*

* thms.no <http://thms.no/>[at]gmail.com <http://gmail.com/> +33 6 06 69
76 21 <//+33%206%2006%2069%2076%2021>*
*--*
Post by Donald Allen
Post by Thomas Nieto
you can put focus on the middle pane, pass it in `split v` mode,
focus the right pane and moves it to the left.
Yes. But perhaps more in line with the way the problem was originally
stated: give the focus to right pane, set it to vertical split mode, move
the focus back to the middle and move the middle right.
Post by Thomas Nieto
/*
* Nieto Thomas
* Back-End Developer
*
* thms.no[at]gmail.com
* +33 (0) 6 06 69 76 21
*/
Paulo Matos
"Paulo Matos" (Redacted sender "paulo" for DMARC)
2017-04-20 08:42:03 UTC
Post by Thomas Nieto
you can put focus on the middle pane, pass it in `split v` mode,
focus the right pane and moves it to the left.
Yes. But perhaps more in line with the way the problem was originally
stated: give the focus to right pane, set it to vertical split mode,
move the focus back to the middle and move the middle right.
Interesting. Many thanks. I assumed h/v-splits only affects the
positioning of new panes and not necessarily their movement.

It worked, btw. :)
--
Paulo Matos